T.L.O. Reasonable Suspicion
(1)Whether the search is justified at its inception; and
(2) whether the search as actually conducted was reasonably related in
scope to the circumstances that justified the search.
Prong 1 - "reasonable grounds for suspecting that the search will turn
up evidence that the student has violated or is violating either the
law or the rules of the school"
Prong 2 - "measures adopted are reasonably related to the objectives of
the search and not excessively intrustive in light of the age and sex
of the student and the nature of the infraction"
Vernonia School District 47J v. Acton
The following factors are weighed:
(1) the nature of the privacy interest upon which the search at issue
(2) the character of the intrusion that is complained of;
(3) the nature and immediacy of the governmental concern at issue here;
(4) the efficacy of this means for meeting it.